Posted On June 11th, 2008 By Cool Gadgets
In reply to Nikon’s D60 and Sony’s A200, their competitor Canon has launched EOS 1000D. This Canon camera has been described as “a more affordable entry point to the world of EOS cameras.”
Canon EOS 1000D features a 10.1-megapixel CMOS sensor and a 2.5-inch screen with live view shooting. It can shoot at three frames a second in JPEG mode or 1.5fps in Raw mode.
The Canon’s EOS 1000D measures 126.1 x 97.5 x 61.9 mm and weighs approximately 450g body only. As for that “more affordable” bit, the EOS 1000D will be available from the end of July priced at £499.99 body-only, or as a kit with an 18-55mm image-stabilized lens for £579.99. Considering the fact that similar models of it’s competitors are much less priced, i don’t think it will be easy selling for Canon’s EOS1000D
Let’s have a look at the key features of Canon’s EOS1000D, once again:
- 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- 7-point wide-area AF system with f/5.6 cross-type centre point
- Up to 3 frames per second
- 2.5” LCD with Live View shooting
- DIGIC III image processor
- Compatible with SD and SDHC memory cards
- Compact and lightweight body
- Digital Photo Professional RAW processing software
- Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites.